Pages



8.07.2017

Three Ways to Style a Rose Gold Sequin Skirt

Usually, it's hard to work a statement piece into my wardrobe. It's either that I have no place to wear that special something, or that nothing in my closet goes with it. To solve this issue, I styled my rose gold pencil skirt three different ways that are appropriate for different types of occasions. 

This sequin skirt was a new arrival at J. Crew that I absolutely loved, but was skeptical about purchasing because it seemed too fancy for my wardrobe. After trying it on, I was smitten, but beware, I sized down two whole sizes because it runs so big! I originally purchased it for the holidays like Christmas and New Years Eve when sequin pieces are the most appropriate. I still am planning on tucking a black turtleneck into the skirt, pairing it with statement earrings and black suede pumps. The looks pictured below are for wearing this skirt now, and not only saving it for the holidays.

The first look is more casual but still elevated. I paired the skirt with a tied-up chambray shirt (I tied up the shirt to avoid looking lumpy), statement earrings, and neutral suede pumps. I would wear this outfit to work or a date night and could switch out the pumps for sandals to make this look more casual.





Wearing- Sequin Skirt, Chambray Shirt (similar), Suede Pumps (similar), Purse

The second way I styled this skirt is appropriate for work. I tucked a tiger graphic tee (it says "stripes are always in style" in French) into the skirt and added a blazer to finish off the look. I kept the same pumps for this wear-to-work look.


Wearing- Tiger Tee, Blazer (similar)

The third look I created with this rose gold skirt is a casual look that is good for doing almost anything in. I'm planning on wearing this outfit out shopping, going places with friends, and any casual-but-elevated event. I kept the same tiger t-shirt tucked in and added a cropped denim jacket with cute gold sneakers. 



Wearing- Denim Jacket (on sale!), New Balance Sneakers

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments :

  1. I am curvy on the bottom and typically take a size 10-12 in jcrew pencil skirts. Do you still think I will need to size down in this skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking stunning dear and lovely sequin skirt inspiration.african ankara print |
    sequin fabric | african print


    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this article. It's really beautiful. Nice to see this. You look gorgeous. I found some excellent fabrics from Spandex Collection in NYC near me which was a nice weight, not too beefy.I hope you would also like those fabrics.
    Stretch Sequins
    Glitter Stone
    Designers Lace
    Stretch Lace
    Printed Spandex

    ReplyDelete